Wednesday, November 5, 2014

A Blast from our Recent Past

What a Hoot!  "India’s government would like to boost tourism by turning a historic neighborhood into a bustling cultural hub, but many don’t want the noise and congestion it could bring.”  This was the headline in today’s NY Times, obviously written by someone with an epic sense of humor or someone who has never ever stepped a foot into India.  Making something into a “bustling cultural hub” could only improve what is on the street currently, and as for  noise and congestion, those descriptions are synonyms for India’s streets.  Still, I got a great yuk from it, so thanks NY Times!  I especially enjoyed it after reading about the spanking the Democratic Party took yesterday in the legislative elections.   I didn't think Iowa could produce a buffoon larger than Steve King, but it seems I may be wrong. The Palin wanna be was elected...that's just an embarrassment, plain and simple.

I do miss reading the local news, since the yuks abounded in India, but I'm not going to learn to read Mandarin in my life time, so one can only imagine what light hearted sundries I am missing.  I may take to reading the Indian papers again.

No comments:

Post a Comment